By Tom Meyer
explanations, and cultural reviews at the ebook of Joshua.
Inside you’ll locate-
• the result of Tom’s personal cautious, own religious study and long publicity to Jewish notion and perform whereas incomes 2 MA levels and residing in Jerusalem for 4 years.
• The insights Tom has received from memorizing parts of Joshua and the good contributions they give to Bible students.
• wide rationalization, illumination and explanation of the ebook of Joshua visible during the lens of heart jap tradition, geography, and archaeology.
Tom Meyer has an MA within the ancient Geography of Israel and one other MA in center East tradition and faith from Jerusalem college collage. he's presently a professor at Shasta Bible university and Graduate tuition (shasta.edu). His ministry Wordsower tells whole books of the Holy Bible be aware for observe from reminiscence in dramatic model (www.thescripturecannotbebroken.com).
Read or Download The Book of Joshua: A Verse by Verse Commentary PDF
Best christian reference_1 books
Genesis potential origins. it's the publication of origins. Genesis tells us in regards to the starting place of the universe. It tells us in regards to the starting place of mankind and the production of the universe. Genesis additionally tells us in regards to the foundation of marriage, sexuality and God's plan for relationships. Genesis teaches us in regards to the foundation of evil and what went mistaken on this planet and our lives.
A serious learn for these drawn to the intersection of paintings and biblical interpretationWith a distinct concentrate on biblical texts and pictures, this e-book nurtures new advancements in bible study and artwork background over the past or 3 a long time. research and interpretation of particular artistic endeavors introduce instructions for college students and lecturers who're attracted to the relation of verbal presentation to visible creation.
Eschatology, the learn of final issues, is worried with time. Futurists think that a lot of eschatology remains to be destiny. as a result of imminence statements within the gospels and epistles, preterists (including the writer) think the entire final issues (the go back of Christ, the judgment, and the resurrection) have been all fulfilled in Jesus' iteration.
The writer of the ebook of Revelation struggled, as we do this day, to stay out a Christian religion within the context of an empire that trampled and destroyed the earth and its creatures. during this ebook, Micah D. Kiel will examine how and why Revelation was once written, besides the way it has been interpreted around the centuries, to return to an figuring out of its capability contribution to a contemporary environmental ethic.
- Sex, Christ, and Embodied Cognition: Paul's Wisdom for Corinth (Emory Studies in Early Christianity Book 16)
- Prayer-Book for Religious: Prayers and devotions for the use of the members of all religious communities; a practical guide to the particular examen and to the methods of meditation
- The Jesus I Know
- Miracles of Healing in the Gospel of Mark: 16 Studies for Individual or Small Group
- Prayers That Never End
- The Lock & Load Prophecies of God Volume Two: The Warfare-Worship of God (God's Heart of War Series Book Two 2)
Additional info for The Book of Joshua: A Verse by Verse Commentary
The Book of Joshua: A Verse by Verse Commentary by Tom Meyer