By Leslie C. Allen
The note Biblical observation supplies the simplest in biblical scholarship, from the major students of our day who percentage a dedication to Scripture as divine revelation. This sequence emphasizes an intensive research of textual, linguistic, structural, and theological facts. the result's sensible and balanced perception into the meanings of the textual content within the framework of biblical theology. those largely acclaimed commentaries function unparalleled assets for the pro theologian and teacher, the seminary or college pupil, the operating minister, and everybody thinking about construction theological figuring out from a superior base of biblical scholarship.
Overview of statement Organization
- Introduction—covers matters concerning the entire booklet, together with context, date, authorship, composition, interpretive matters, goal, and theology.
- Each component to the remark includes:
- Pericope Bibliography—a worthwhile source containing crucial works that pertain to every specific pericope.
- Translation—the author’s personal translation of the biblical textual content, reflecting the result of exegesis and getting to Hebrew and Greek idiomatic utilization of phrases, words, and tenses, but in kind of strong English.
- Notes—the author’s notes to the interpretation that tackle any textual variations, grammatical varieties, syntactical buildings, easy meanings of phrases, and difficulties of translation.
- Form/Structure/Setting—a dialogue of redaction, style, resources, and culture as they quandary the starting place of the pericope, its canonical shape, and its relation to the biblical and extra-biblical contexts to be able to remove darkness from the constitution and personality of the pericope. Rhetorical or compositional good points very important to knowing the passage also are brought here.
- Comment—verse-by-verse interpretation of the textual content and discussion with different interpreters, enticing with present opinion and scholarly research.
- Explanation—brings jointly all of the result of the dialogue in prior sections to show the which means and goal of the textual content at numerous degrees: (1) in the context of the e-book itself; (2) its which means within the OT or NT; (3) its position within the whole canon; (4) theological relevance to broader OT or NT issues.
- General Bibliography—occurring on the finish of every quantity, this large bibliographycontains all assets used anyplace within the commentary.
Read Online or Download Ezekiel 1-19, Volume 28 (Word Biblical Commentary) PDF
Similar christian reference_1 books
Genesis ability origins. it's the ebook of origins. Genesis tells us concerning the foundation of the universe. It tells us concerning the foundation of mankind and the construction of the universe. Genesis additionally tells us concerning the foundation of marriage, sexuality and God's plan for relationships. Genesis teaches us concerning the starting place of evil and what went unsuitable on the earth and our lives.
A serious examine for these drawn to the intersection of paintings and biblical interpretationWith a different specialise in biblical texts and photographs, this publication nurtures new advancements in religious study and artwork heritage over the last or 3 many years. research and interpretation of particular artworks introduce directions for college students and academics who're drawn to the relation of verbal presentation to visible construction.
Eschatology, the research of final issues, is worried with time. Futurists think that a lot of eschatology remains to be destiny. as a result imminence statements within the gospels and epistles, preterists (including the writer) think all the final issues (the go back of Christ, the judgment, and the resurrection) have been all fulfilled in Jesus' new release.
The writer of the booklet of Revelation struggled, as we do at the present time, to stay out a Christian religion within the context of an empire that trampled and destroyed the earth and its creatures. during this publication, Micah D. Kiel will examine how and why Revelation used to be written, in addition to the way it has been interpreted around the centuries, to return to an figuring out of its power contribution to a latest environmental ethic.
- Interpreting Scripture with the Great Tradition: Recovering the Genius of Premodern Exegesis
- The End of America?: Bible Prophecy and a Country in Crisis
Extra info for Ezekiel 1-19, Volume 28 (Word Biblical Commentary)
Ezekiel 1-19, Volume 28 (Word Biblical Commentary) by Leslie C. Allen